Thread: Who leaves who?
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pia

Who leaves who?

I am wondering who normally leaves the relationship the person who is not an alcoholic or the alcoholic/druggie?
Husband usually is never home doing whatever he wants and I told him a few days ago to leave- He is still here. I don't see XMAS being an exception since he never made changes on our anniversary, or any other Holiday why stay home today.
So we had another discussion and I told him "things will never get better btwn us and it's ok to go ahead and go no hard feelings etc." (I will save the drama that unfolded this morning. I started crying because of what happened and he actually gave me a HUG one like a kid gives that is being forced to hug, one of those dead weight hugs).I know he has another place to live in fact its where he always go everyday twice a day at least. I am proud of myself because I wasn't yelling I was calm. I honestly believe I was crying because little things are hitting me like sparks of what is happening , why it is happening and what I need to do and I'm feeling stronger.
I noticed today that my thought pattern is changing I use to think of how if only he would try rehab, if only this or that, How I didn't catch this sooner, how I didn't notice that, how did I let things get this way. Why he doesn't want to spend time with me or come home early or take the day off.
But after my good cry, TODAY I find myself thinking of stuff that I want to do, go places even spending time with friends. I was wanting to sell my house and start fresh but as I'm cleaning up and I see things in a different light and I like my house again. I feel like I have a pep in my step. In fact I don't want him around right now. Is this normal am I on the right road to Normalville or am I being Naive?