Old 12-22-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
chocolate1092

Originally Posted by scacra1 View Post
hey, reading your post is like reading about my own life, nothing you have said differs to my situation at all, and i feel for my husband how you do for your partner, my husband sounds exactly the same as yours, his issues the same as your situation.
my husband wants so much to stop drinking for me and us -so much so that he has just done 9 months sober and i believed we had found our happy ending.... but tonight: tonight i am alone and he is asleep in the other bedroom, he is drunk, and crying, because he didnt want to do this, but this weekend he said he wanted to stop fighting the battle - it was wearing him out, so he got drunk whilst i was at work. He told me tonight through his tears and his pain, he wants to commit suicide, because he hates himself so much for what he is doing.
i know i should just get up, walk away, theres nothing more i can do here, i am becoming unhealthy and weak by his problem..... but yet, this is not the first time i have said this to myself, and it wont be the last. Very few people even know he is a drunk or what I/we are going through.
i share your heart break, really i do, but all i know is there is no easy answer.
Hey, I am really sorry to hear your situation. I am not glad that either of us has to go through this. And I do feel the same way you do. I don't think this will be the last time I considering leaving him. I've scheduled another appointment with our counselor. I will see how that goes, but I hope you keep your spirits up. We'll see where life takes us, I guess.