View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013, 08:02 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Stung

Me thinks my declaration of being done with my alcoholic husband has been misunderstood.

1. I cannot fix my husband. Believe me, I've tried. I'm a fixer. I fix things. When something is off, there IS a solution. I'm an accountant, everything has a box it goes in and has a reasonable explanation for why it goes there. This includes my husband. He's an alcoholic, he needs help, he has a problem that's driving him to drink and the sum of those issues is causing myself and my daughters a LOT of grief. I cannot fix him, only he can accomplish that, and I hope he does. I accept this.

2. I can restore sanity to myself and my home. I'm stopping the insanity. My husband needs to go be crazy on his own. He's already there but as of current he thinks his time in crazy town, population 1, is limited to 30 days. It will be longer and indefinite. Insanity has been thus removed, at least partially and for the foreseeable future.

To quote Jack Johnson
"Now I was sitting waiting wishing
That you believed in superstitions
Then maybe you'd see the signs
But Lord knows that this world is cruel
And I ain't the Lord, no I'm just a fool
Learning loving somebody don't make them love you"

I will not continue to sit, wait and wish. If The Lord wills my husband and I to be together then we will be together. In the meantime, I need to enjoy everyday without carrying his burden on my shoulders. My daughters deserve a happy parent. Voting my husband off the island is what will make my home a safe, happy place. That in turn, makes me happy.