Old 12-22-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Uninvited

Originally Posted by Nash1989 View Post
I've been with my boyfriend about a year and a half now. Last month we got our first apartment together. Everything was perfect until about a week ago when I noticed him being sneaky and my gut feeling telling me something was wrong. One night we were about to leave for the store and I walked into the bedroom where he was standing by the dresser and slammed the drawer shut quickly then looked at me like he had seen a ghost. He went downstairs to wait for me in the car and I went through his drawer. I found a tiny rolled up packed of tin foil, in which there were 1.5 film strips of soboxone. I had never heard of nor seen this before. I am not an addict, never have been. I've never used any form or pills or narcotic. He was addicted to Heroine for about 4 years before he met me. His family (and he) made me very aware of his dark past and he assured me that he had been clean for over three years and was NEVER going back. I left my boyfriend of 4 years and moved to another state to be with this man, only to find out he has been struggling with addiction and lying to me this ENTIRE time. He is extremely ashamed of himself and the fact that he has to buy soboxone off the street because the doctors around here do not take his insurance and he can't afford to pay for a soboxone doctor. He also made it very clear to me that I am NOT to share his secret addiction with anyone in USO family, they judge him and accuse him constantly of being on drugs (because of his past). If any one has any sort of advice on how I can support him or what I should do PLEASE share. I feel extremely alone and naive and I don't have any one to turn to.
Don't let him coopt you into being his keeper of secrets.