View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Stung

I would really, really love a guide to giving an alcoholic the boot. I know I need counseling (I'm apprehensive about going to al anon because I'm worried that it'll be some kind of grieving spouses meat market scenario, is that weird?) but with the time of year and two little ones, finding the time to contact someone has been challenging.

He keeps texting me "I love you, I'm so sorry. Blah blah blah" over and over and over again. But he just doesn't get it!!! His sorrys mean absolutely nothing. That phrase lost its value months and months ago coming from him. "I love you, I'm sorry" equates to "please just let me come back home, I know I suck but so do you. In fact, you're still to blame for some of this stuff." And then I talk to him on the phone and he should be like a sobbing pile of man and he's not! He's still his indignant, man-child self.

I asked him what he was hoping the outcome would be in 30 days after he'd been successful in maintaining sobriety, smart ******* told me one day at a time. Riiiiiight, one day at a time when it suits YOUR needs.

I think I'm supposed to be some level of supportive here and at the same time be equally guarded to protect myself and our kids from his addict, selfish, abusive, self serving scheming. It's like walking a tightrope with a baby in one arm and a toddler in the other with an alcoholic throwing water balloons at me the whole time.