Old 12-21-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
deeker

24 Hour Club Sign up Sheet Part 30, All Are Welcome!

Hi There! Please join us in a simple commitment to stay clean and sober for the next
24 Hours.We keep each other accountable. Just post your local time and commit!

Please sign in only once a day as this is a list that will make up our final roster at 10 pm
EST USA 24 hours from now! Thanks Everyone!

**I Guess my original pictures did not post properly so I am gonna have to use others.
The original were of my son as a boy, a teen , and us as a family when he graduated.

UCF Knights

Welcome to our Newest Member- Hellome

Congratulations!

MythicPhoenix 1 week!
Mac1978 3 weeks!
Stang 3 weeks!
liss74 3 weeks!
Br00ksie 4 weeks
Ange4 30 days/1 month!
yukonm 6 yrs 4 months that is 2314 days!!

If I missed your special day, my apologies, please send me a pm with your clean date
or new clean date if you are coming back!

Roster will be posted 13 Hours and 30 min from Now at 10 pm EST USA.

(Written day of my Son's Graduation 12/13/13)

The Gifts Of Sobriety

Today was a very special day for me.

My Son Steven graduated from the University Of Central Florida with a double major in Accounting
and Finance.

I made up this fun hokey little sign for him.

I went to bed at a reasonable time last night, woke up without a hangover singing and with
so much excitement.

We got to the ceremony. My son was so excited and happy!

He said to me "Mom, You can hold the sign but please No Screaming!" You see when I was
drinking I used to scream real loud at his baseball games and basketball games and
make a total fool out of myself and embarrass him.

I said "C'mon Son I don't do that anymore." During the ceremony I behaved. Just one
loud Woohoooo!! when they announced his name.

As I watched him go up and get his diploma all these memories started fludding back over
me of the years I missed of his life due to my drinking and drugging. The pain I had caused
him. And I broke down in tears.

Being drunk one Christmas and throwing presents across the room in a rage. Telling him I
was going to the store and not returning till 3 am when the bars closed.

Not being awake in the morning to get him off to school and instead of greeting him off the
bus was home in bed nursing a hangover.

The worst one was when he was on the bus going to school and he saw me in my totaled out
truck wrapped around 3 trees at 7:20 am in the morning being handcuffed and taken to jail.

Actually the stories are to numerous to recall.

I can't go back and change the past and how I wish I could, how I wish I had gotten
sober sooner. I can never ever get those years back and it is so painful for me to accept
that and what I used to be like.

My little boy is all grown up. It's to late. But I am ok.

Because I have stayed clean and sober this last year I was able to finally be present emotionally,
mentally and physically on one of the most important days of his life. His College Graduation.

He looked at me and blew me a kiss as he walked up on stage. It was a very sweet moment.

How grateful I was to be clean and sober, I guess it was bitter sweet..

Out of 1500 student's families in attendance I was the only one who had a sign.

I think he got a kick out of me up in the balcony waving it back and forth. He smiled a lot!

Afterward we went to lunch and he ordered a Mimosa (Orange juice and Champagne) and
I could smell the alcohol as he was sitting right next to me. He had one drink and stopped.

I thought to myself I have never been able to stop at one drink. Who does that?
Well he did.

I was grateful to realize that even though My hubby and I are both addicts in recovery
that this insidious addiction was not passed down to him.

His children will never know the pain of addiction. I am so grateful. He is just a normal well
adjusted 23 year old with a bright future.

During lunch on the day he graduated he got a call and was offered his first real job in an accounting
firm making more money than me and my husband together.

His day was filled with so much joy and I was able to witness it sober. I wouldn't trade that
for a drink or drug anyday.

I am one very proud Mama

*Song/Video For The Day -A Mother's love song ..."Time Has Gone"

If unable to find this 24 hour Thread in the future, Click on Search near top of page and
type in Newcomer daily Support Threads and click GO. This is Part 30. God Bless!