View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 01:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
UnixBer

Stopping caffeine use

As the title says, I've decided to cut out caffeine altogether and today is the first day without any caffeine. I'm actually feeling pretty good today, coincidence? I got inspired by a member's caffeine thread here on SR (was it DG) and after reading so much stories on the internet of people who have stopped caffeine use and are entirely content with their state of being. I got convinced that this is something I'll want to do as well...

I started with 2-day taper using green tea only (made from leaves and not teabags) and today it is naturally caffeine-free herbal tea. The taste is actually even better than green tea. So and I'm well aware that many people love their coffee and I'm not going to start arguing about caffeine benefits or the downsides, but to keep updated on it every now and then and maybe discuss this with people who are in the same boat and have similar interests.

It got me thinking that there is something odd about the way coffee has been there daily for me for so long. It has definately caused stress and nervousness, tiredness and so on. The most annoying aspect of drinking coffee for me has been the almost compulsion to drink it. And caffeine is documented to be a psychoactive drug with addictive qualities so no wonder. Now to see what life is without that caffeine...