View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 01:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by m1k3 View Post
Just to let you know when I first moved out I was cheap! You know those plastic shelf sets you can get for the garage, well they where my bedroom dresser and TV stand.

Some nice wicker lawn furniture looks good in the living room as well, is durable, comfortable and cheap. Gives the place a vacation cottage feel.

Take the mattress and boxsprings and you don't even need a bedframe.

Once you see what the future brings then you can upgrade.

Your Friend,

Mike
That's funny you said this: I will be bringing the futon bed, it's where I sleep now anyway since I gave up the master bedroom to AH last year when he was whining about how uncomfortable the futon was. I put a foam pad on it and I love sleeping on it now, LOL!

I will not be bringing my dresser and will be living like you did: under bed storage boxes, hanging storage cubbies, etc. I will not have a coffee table and a few other things unless I find them super cheap. I feel like I'm preparing to be a broke college student again!

I will be buying my son a new mattress or mattress set for the floor first, until I find something like a platform frame for him. I want him to have a dresser so Ikea is always good for cheap stuff, LOL. I put his last dresser together from Ikea a few years ago so I'm sure I can make it work.