View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 06:24 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Don W

Thanks Morning Glory, This is a beautiful post. One of the hardest thing for me to remember is the fact we heal from the outside in. Just like physical wounds when stiches come out and bandages come off. Many times because the inside hasn't healed we need physical theraphy. Well, counseling,talking with each other and posts like your Morning Glory is like physical theraphy for the brain. I've found it difficult when people around me only see the outside results. Even my wife, try as she might, thinks the journey is complete. The fact that I come home after work, can be trusted to do the right thing, etc. in this case is misleading. I can see the pained look when I remind her that I've only removed the alcohol. Although my brain is getting better, it is still ill. She has problems with things like my father's actions still control me at times. I can't just move on like others. I need to deal with it, then move on. I can't blame her. If it weren't for talking to all of you and finding I'm not alone, I'd also question myself. In reality, before seeking treatment I did dought the validaty of my mental issues. There is so much good stuff here. I'm going to make a copy and read when I get home. Don W