View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 02:48 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

I remember way back when, being on vacation on a beach in Mexico...sober for a few years. Ordered a tonic with lime. Got a vodka tonic...my "drink of choice" when I was drinking. Took a huge gulp and KNEW immediately....spit it out in the sand, and was so freaked out that it could have been considered a "relapse" (since I inadvertently swallowed some)....moved on and did not consider it a new "day 1"....Gotta remain vigilant with this "thing"....Oh...BTW...just HAD to share with the group....in a short 2 months of sobriety (following 3 years of drinking since we moved here) I can NOW fit back in to ALL of the clothes we moved here with! I have struggled with trying to lose the weight I apparently gained over the last three years (which NOW I realize was obviously due to drinking). I don't have a scale...so I don't know how much, but I think it is a lot by the way my clothes fit. I also remember my dad, who was also alcoholic, "teaching" me to drink vodka gimlets since they did not have any carbs One time, I remember going on a "Slimfast"/ vodka and diet tonic water diet...that was it...all I had for weeks...many years ago. Lost tons of weight, but...oh....the negative ramifications.....lol.....