View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 10:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Toffee1

Cold beer after day on hot beach

I know I am a lucky so and so with very few worries to talk about. I really do appreciate how lucky I am and as such I feel a little embarrassed about this thread. But here goes. I am going to st Lucia for a two week hol in late January.i have just been reading about it on trip adviser and the most terrible urges have just hit me! I can't get the thought out of my head. What about a cold beer after the beach? Well if I am going to drink then I might as well start now! Heck I might as well just drink all over christmas as well !

Maybe I am too soon into my sobriety to have booked a holiday ( especially one that is All Inclusive ). But it is booked and my wife deserves a break. I need your feedback and advice here. I am on day 97 and been feeling strong but all this talk of holidays has really knocked me back.

I am trying to be rational about this. I can still have a great time maybe even a better time without alcohol. Maybe this is a trick of a desperate AV. Can anyone share their sober holiday experiences and tell me how much better it will be. Thanks everyone in advance.