View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mikie9

I was part of a quit smoking forum once and they called it No Mans Land. It came about after you had gone through the first rough spots and everything in your being was about fighting. Once you started to see that you are winning, you have a bit of peace. But then the mood changes and you are just kinda left out there with no focus. You stopped drinking all the time, so now what? It doesn't take ALL of you will to no feed your addiction, but you still want too of course so it is kind of more of a heavy nag than like it was in the beginning. Also, anyone who isn't an addict you have beside you going through this can start losing interest, because in their mind it has been a month so you should be ok now, and they sorta stop paying attention.

I am not sure if this is what you are going through or not. We are both at a month and I am feeling sort of the same way. Just sorta here. I am blaming mine more on it being winter time and night time coming so soon after work. i really wish I had done this in the spring or summer lol.

Anyways, best of luck malcolm. You can get through this part just like you did the first part. For me, it isn't fun, but it is much easier than the first week, and we now have proof it does get better with time. Where will we be in another month? Sober, and with even more options than we have today compared to last month is my guess