Old 12-17-2013, 01:46 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
deeker

24 Hour Club Sign Up sheet, Part 30, All Are Welcome!

Good Day Everyone! Everyone doing ok today? I hope so!

Please sign in and commit to staying clean and sober for the next 24 hours. Just post your
local time! WE help each other stay accountable!

Please only post once daily on this thread. Thanks Everyone! This is a list that will make
up our final roster.

Dubai

Welcome to our Newest Members- Becky13 -h24k- Blueyesgrn -BilliSaratoga- JL2013 -MythicPhoenix

Congratulations!!

dizzychainsaw 2 weeks!
CactusJill 3 weeks!
trail257 30 days/ 1 month!
Lostmyoffswitch 2 months!
Goat 8 months!

If I missed your special day, my apologies. Please send me a pm with your clean date,
corrections and updates.If you had a slip, do not let it keep you from coming back. Just
start over. We all want to support you!

Chgo, Illinois USA

Roster will be posted 14 hours from now at 10 pm EST USA 12/17.

Google USA Eastern Standard Time to see how your local time translates.

Gold Coast Queensland, Austrailia

All Or Nothing Thinking

I fell into a some major negative thinking last night, even after I had this fantastic weekend
at My Son's graduation.

I got mad at my computer cuz I couldn't download some pictures, and then I asked my son
to help me via text messaging and he couldn't be bothered cuz he was out the night
before celebrating his graduation.

I wanted what I wanted right then and there and when it didn't happen I was mad!

I started taking on this attitude that the whole weekend was ruined cuz I couldn't
download these pictures and he wouldn't help me. It was pretty sad.

Thank Goodness he wasn't aware of my little fit. Another thing I have learned, not to react.

But I ignored all the positive events and focused on the negative event, my stupid computer..
Noticing the one thing that went wrong, rather than all the things that went right this weekend.

I call it all or nothing thinking. Looking at things in black-or-white , with no middle ground.

You ever have those kind of days? When you blow something out of proportion. And then
everything seems to su*k.

It was all about expectations once again. Sometimes I have tunnel vision. When I have my
mind set on something, if something gets in the way I have a difficult time adapting.

I had my little temper tantrum and then went to bed. I woke up realizing that if downloading
pictures is the worst problem I have right now, life is pretty good.

If I were still drinking and using, this whole thought process I went through would not have
happened and I would of just gotten drunk saying F U to my Son and to the world ruining
a wonderful Celebratory weekend then waking up with a hangover looking for someone to
blame.

So I guess I did something right.

That's why it is so important to not escape uncomfortable feelings, for this is how we grow up
by working through them.

It's our all or nothing thinking that can really get us into trouble. And it is really the little
things that we have to especially be on guard for.

Shew! A Lot of family tragedy was averted. I could have spoiled a wonderful weekend.

Thank God I came to my senses!

*Song For The Day -Downtown - Lyrics - Petula Clark

If unable to find this 24 hour Thread in the future, Click on Search near top of page and
type in Newcomer daily Support Threads and click GO. This is Part 30! God Bless!