View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 01:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
needingabreak

Hey TF, have been thinking of you today. I imagined you had very little sleep last night. Something that I thought you should concentrate on because you do care and you do worry. Yesterday you left your daughter at the mall and I know it was hard and I know you worried BUT she made it home just fine didn't she? She wasn't worried because she KNEW she would be ok. Continue sticking to your guns. If they want to be mean, give them nothing. Teach them that bad behavior and disrespect gets them nothing. Good behavior and being respectful gets them basics.
My son can be very nice or he can be cranky and miserable. When he is miserable I tune him right out and I am done with him. He is learning nasty moods and remarks get you silence and nothing at all. Kindness and respect get you simple things like food for your lunch or dinner. It is pretty sad that at 30 he has to be taught this but he has been manipulating his entire life and again, he acts like a 16 yr old. I hope your day is much better today. Think the drinking thing for your son is not only a bad idea but horrible example to set, especially with him having a drinking problem and having two daughters who are addicts. We do not drink at all in our home and my husband has one glass of wine if we go out to dinner, not around my son. Wishing you a peace filled night. Snowing here too Twofish!