View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Doberfiend

He just called me and is very angry and hurt about the 'no contact', he said he felt like I was just waiting for him to be 'prettied up enough' to have around and that his best friend had abandoned him. He also said that he's only on methadone and weed now and under a dr's care. I think his emotions are genuine enough, and that he believes he's trying his best . . . but I just don't know. I think if we go back to 'normal mode' then we'll end up in the same cycle - he'll finish his methadone, be ok for awhile, miss a dr appt, then another, finally end up seeing his psych and because he hates doctors (with a passion) will get in and out with the same old prescription and no real answers with a "well at least I went" kind of attitude. And all the while I'll be pleading and reminding and getting resentful. That's my prediction anyways. On the other hand, if he's taking steps to at least get his addiction treated, I want to encourage that progress. Would it be prudent to stay with the no contact for awhile longer, or negotiate some kind of 'detached contact' (for my sake, at least) with some clear expectations (e.g. attend outpatient treatment, make and keep dr appts)?