Old 02-01-2005, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gabigoo

Thank you all so much for your advice. Last night was tough. He came home after going to an AA meeting and he was so upset.

He said "What habe I done? How did I get to be where I am today?"
I heard- Here goes his self pity excuses for I am busted once again and will have to prove that she should keep me.

He said "I will do everything to get my head on straight and get the help I need so I can be that man I wish I was"
I heard- I have to do soemthing to get out of this mess- maybe I should get help- I know she will take me back if I get on the right path. I have no clue what kind of man I am but it's obviously not the kind she wants right now.

He said "Please don't give up on me. I love you and I love the kids"
I heard- This will pass again just like the last time and you will take me back in a few weeks. I am losing my wife and kids and I have to get them back. Help me, Help me, Help me- without you I can't do anything- Co-dependent!

Anyway, I actually had a nice night after he left and enjoyed relaxing after the kids went to sleep. I felt no stress or worries. I feel like a terrible weight has been lifted of my shoulders. I think that is a bad sign! I just feel strong and I guess empowered. I know I have an amazing support system in my family and friends and they would do anything to help me through this.

And thanks for the suggestions of getting to a meeting. I know I need to find one and I will.