View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 05:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
needingabreak

Twofish I am SO DARN PROUD OF YOU!!!! I know how hard it must have been to break out of that cycle to do what hey ask just to appease and shut them up. You absolutely no question did the right thing! Know what I've noticed? When I shut my son down when he is disrespectful, he acts better. When I do not fall for his manipulation nor his brow beating, he acts better! Why? Because he knows I am not giving in anymore. Your daughter is acting like a spoiled two yr old brat. You did the right thing to leave her. She will be JUST FINE. She will not allow herself to suffer for two one minute. This is your son's birthday. You focus on him and have fun. The poor kid deserves better and your daughters are pretty selfish not to think of their brother (you might want to point that out). The more they see you not giving in, the less (eventually) they will continue. Don't stop now TF! You are starting a new life where you are no longer a slave to your daughter's wants, demands and temper tantrums. Hope you are able to have a birthday celebration with your son. If your husband cannot be relied upon for support, dont waste your time asking. I know this is tough, I know it sucks but today YOU stuck to your guns! You are taking back control! Dont you feel just a little bit empowered?