View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 04:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Bilr44

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
Knew you would be fine, DD! Glad you are in a good place today Billr. Today is actually 2 months for me Funny, I always thought 60 days was the same as 2 months.....NOT....Feeling great, but still not in the holiday spirit. It is hard being away from friends and family at this time of year...(not that I miss all of the consumerism associated with the holidays...or the alcohol!)...or the drama that would inevitably happen with my addict daughter. Gonna try to "fake it til I make it" and maybe put up the artificial tree and some lights today. (Real trees are hard to find in Costa Rica, and I miss those too). Feeling a little "blue" this morning...
Trudging, I have been where you are at with being away from friends and family. I remember being in a hotel room on Christmas Eve 2003 in Italy with my wife and young kids. It was the first Christmas that we were ever away from our extended family and it felt surreal and a little depressing. We are now about 1,000 miles away from friends and family so I understand your feelings. Plus this warm weather sure doesn't make it feel like the Christmas season I am used to. It is absolutely weird to be wearing shorts on December 14th. People down here are so spoiled with the warm weather.