View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 04:40 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
LadyinBC
Keeping it simple!

Originally Posted by dmsc View Post
My issues are with his temper and victim mentality. It's always someone else's fault or he gets anger and says mean things or blames me.
Hi DMSC. Plenty of red flags in your post, however this one really stood out. This is the #1 thing that us alcoholics are known for. Never our fault and if pointed out to us that it is, we turn it around and make it seem like it is your fault!

We are notorious for finding people that will look after us and do things for us.

Money issues are also a bad sign and what is worse is that now he is blaming it on getting you an engagement ring. See the blame pattern starting here?

As an alcoholic I can tell you that I will always be one drink away from the dark side. Being with me isn't for the faint of heart I like to say! I have many issues I am still dealing with.

Are you prepared for any relapses he might have? Recovery takes pretty well the rest of your life when you are us. We didn't get this way overnight and we certainly don't get better mentally overnight. It isn't something that just goes away and never returns. There is no cure for it and no guarantees.

I would certainly give it lots of time and thought before you make a lifetime commitment with this person. Deep down your gut is telling you something or you wouldn't be posting here.

Find someone who is your equal in life, not someone who may be expecting you to carry the whole load. This is just my honest opinion.