View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 10:13 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
dreamr

Welcome, FLBeachGuy!

Vedette, congrats on over 50 days! You've resisted the cravings this long, you can certainly keep it up!

Good luck with the women's group bike ride, Siesta. I need to stop being chicken and find some women to hang out with, too.

I don't go to coffee shops, but I don't think they socialize the way people do in bars. I've always imagined the atmosphere as slightly snobby, but that's probably because I picture Barnes and Noble where everyone has their nose in a book, lol.

I haven't been getting enough sleep at night, so I just got up from a nap. I had the most awful (and vivid) dream where my husband told me he cheated on me years ago and now wanted to leave me. I was so heartbroken I could barely breathe, for me and for my children from a previous marriage that he adopted. He partly blamed it on my drinking. I remember thinking that it was such bad timing that I was dealing with this newly sober, but that I would get through it somehow, and would have the support of SR (this place is haunting my dreams now, lol).

Once I woke up, I had this overwhelming feeling of being given a second chance at life, and my gratefulness toward my husband just shot through the roof! As of yet, I don't think I've ever been so happy to be sober (and happily married)!