Thread: day 1 again
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013, 05:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
autan
Alcohol Free Member

Originally Posted by IOAA2 View Post
Hi.
Very well stated! We get sober for ourselves and then good things happen, if we let them. The big problem with relapses is the fact we have no assurance we can get back after having one as I've seen far too often.

I stick by " If I don't pick up the first drink I don't have to get sober AGAIN."

BE WELL
Small manageable steps, remember you didn't wake up one day being an alcoholic. It took years probably so slow steps. The reverse is true, don't count days, its agony, instead tell yourself and believe it, that you don't drink anymore.

After my many relapses', I found counting days was part of the problem, I was just trying to get to the next day without drinking. This approach might work for some, but for me it made me anxious and when I failed, I got depressed and drank more.

The easiest thing in the world is to start over, the next time your in a supermarket, tell yourself to walk down the drinks isle. When you do say, " look at how they use coloured drinks and fancy labels, look at the shape of bottles, look how tempting they are". Do you know why they do this, it is because in those bottles is a poison and they want you to pay them, to drink as much poison as you can and they market it, so that they can make huge profits at the expense of your health.

Tell yourself as I do (and believe it), I can walk through the drinks aisle without picking up any drinks because I am not afraid of them anymore, I dont drink anymore.

You will win you know, were all here for you.