View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
MadViking

My dad drank for a long time, eventually he got custody of my sisters and I, and he quit. He wasn't too bad as a drinker, he just did stupid stuff like take a leak in the kitchen lol. Although one time he took a leak on my bed when I was in it, then I asked him what's up, he told me to shut the hell up. He didn't even remember this when I told him later. Then my parents got divorced, didn't work with my mom, he got charge of us three years later and he quit, so that's pretty cool. He won't even have one beer on New Year's these days.
Haven't seen my mom since I was 15, but she was an alcoholic. The kind of drinker that went nuts when drinking too much, which was just about every weekend. Once she phoned the cops because nobody in the province we were in was speaking French, and one time she had a suicidal attempt and got in the hospital. I wasn't around then, my older sister was though. She never told me this until like two years ago.
My grandpa was also an alcoholic, he drank at work and never ate anything during the whole day. He eventually got a pacemaker and stopped, but near the end of his life, he started up again. He was all manners of messed up as far as health is concerned at that point though, no harm, he figured lol.

Rambling ovah lol.