Thread: I did it!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lifeisforliving

I did it!

I made it thru my work Christmas party sober!! I just got home & had to let my SR family know. There were boxes of wine, bottles of wine and a fridge full of beer and I didn't have one drop. I wasn't even tempted which was very odd to me (although I didn't question it). I'm so proud of myself!

It was made easier by the fact that my office mate is sober. I made sure I stuck to her like glue - bless her heart!

Do you know what this means? No waking up with a hangover or anxiety over how I got home, what I did or what I said. No walk of shame into work tomorrow a.m. No fishing around looking for answers so that I could try to piece the night back together. No respect lost for me. My integrity as an employee & co-worker is intact!

Very interesting to watch those who did drink. One lady was getting a bit out of control (w/in an hour of arriving). My heart broke for her. I used to be her. Then there were lots who we're staying for the "after party." I used to be those folks too. I didn't feel deprived though. I was ready to get back home to my family.

I know lots of us will be tempted this holiday season. I'm here to tell you that remaining stead-fast in sobriety is my only option.

Thankful & grateful tonight for my sobriety and my journey.