View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 07:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hammer
Engineer Things; LOVE People

Originally Posted by CaribbeanDream View Post
Hi Hammer- Yes, I went to one Al-Anon meeting, I'll try and make another one this week. I was quite shocked as I expected it to be a large group and there was just 5 of us.
Well GOOD FOR YOU.

Do not worry about Big or Small. Some vary widely by time or day or weather. Some of the best groups (for me, now) are smaller. We tend to talk more openly about deeper topics.

Would suggest you bump up the Priority to "I Will Make . . ." (not nagging, just saying elevate it above "try.") Lunch, Sleep, doing the Dishes -- all that stuff you can skip or do later. Most Alanons are good with babies, as well. Only One You and the kid is going to be counting on you. Once you find "Your Meeting" -- make it a Healthy Habit.

The rest -- Wow. He has Antabuse? Guess he knows he has a "problem."

As far as what to tell him? I would suggest you tell him you are in Alanon (truth, right? If you do not fear some repercussions ) and that you would like him to consider trying AA (also, true, correct?). Not nagging, nor any sort of threat -- just calm information.

AND THEN "Let Go and Let God." You Work Your Program. You may be pleased with the results.