View Single Post
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Justwantnormal

Welcome ...and sorry you're here at the same time I'm new here as well and our stories are very similar. My husband owns his own very successful business, we're very well off financially, he never heads out to bars solo (unless it's a night out with the boys), never yells or becomes physically abusive and *was* a great father when sober during the days (that's starting to slip though). He only drinks at night, usually after the kids are in bed, but it's every night and it's a lot. Vodka is his drink of choice as well. Most nights is a pint (never less) and then a few glasses of wine on top. It is incredibly lonely to be married to an alcoholic - I feel you completely on that one. They can be right there in the same room as you for hours and you still feel completely alone. My boys (I have two - aged 3 and 2) are my lifeline. And they know it. I wish I had advice for you, but I'm exactly where you are. In fact, a little behind you as I'm still trying to figure out which ducks I want to line up and which ones I want to kick to the curb. Just wanted to say 'Hi' and thanks for sharing. It is comforting, although incredibly sad, to know their are people out there that understand how you're feeling and what you're going through. Hugs