Old 12-10-2013, 06:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
DoubleDragons

Today is my son's birthday and my daughter had a Christmas choral program at her elementary school. Originally, my parents were supposed to meet us at a restaurant for my son's birthday dinner and then go to the program. Well, when I spoke to my mother she was wasted at 8:30 am. I called my father and asked them not to come. I didn't want to have to spend my day wondering what kind of state she would be in when they arrived. My children have already witnessed my mother arriving to events drunk on more than one occasion, so I decided I had to protect myself and my children. Of course, the fallout of this has been incredibly nasty. They blew up my cell phone and my home phone with a mix of nasty messages, F-Us and being told that nobody's perfect and that I was committing cruel and unusual punishment. At one time I had 16 unanswered messages on my cell phone. They threatened to come to the program anyway since it was on "public" property. It was always about what I was doing to them, how cold and judgmental I am, never about how any of this affects me and my family. I feel hollow. I am so sick of being abused by them. They have always been my biggest worry and heartache.