Thread: Out patient
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 11:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leana

My daughter went from 31 days in-patient to 40 full day out-patient to 10 half days outpatient. She followed the rehab's plan until she got to half days and then it fell apart. Half day out-patient (at least where she was) requires getting a job, volunteering, or being in school full time. No ifs, ands, or buts. So she got a job. Well, the half day program was M-Th from 9-12 and her work hours were T-S from 8-5. So she only had Monday's available to go, which she did. But after the first missed session our insurance dropped her. They said it's either all or nothing. So she no longer goes. She does however attend AA meetings almost every night.

So my take? Out patient was a waste of money. If she had not had the 70 days already in by doing in-patient and full day out-patient, she would have relapsed the first day. Just my opinion about HER program. I know all programs are different so, I agree to wait until Friday and see how it plays out.

I did attend the family support group while she was in treatment, which was optional for family.