Thread: Day 3
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
DramaStudent

Thanks guys. Its good to have this support.

I am planning to attend AA tomorrow (Landlord visiting tonight to sign new contract). But I've been to AA before and didn't find it helpful- HOWEVER going to AA tomorrow night is a far better choice than the alternative. Being around people who understand and aren't judgemental is something I need right now, so I guess I do find AA helpful to some degree then :/ But more the being around others who understand more than the process and 12 steps that they use.

I'm also going to attend SMART Recovery on Friday, they only have one meeting a week within travelling distance. Right now my plans are basically to attend some meetings, keep hanging around here, only going out if necessary (If I dont go out, I can't buy booze). And remembering each day the reasons I can't drink and the reasons I want to be sober.

I know it is going to get hard in the coming days, especially when I hit the one week mark as all my reasons for not drinking will seem unimportant. So I need to be prepared for that. I even have changed my wallpaper on my phone to block text of "I Will not drink today" so every time I look at it, I am reminded.

Thanks all x