Thread: Out patient
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
peacesoul

Out patient

My AH (we're divorcing) told me yesterday that he has an appointment Friday at a local out patient place. He doesn't know many details, but maybe something that he goes to daily for 3 hrs a day.
Any stories or advice on what to expect?
He has stopped drinking (but used other substances) once before for 6 or 8 months, and the no-drinking was good. I'm hoping this time the out patient will look at all his substances, alcohol, prescription drugs and street drugs, and give him ways to cope.
I told him that I would love nothing more to see him sober up, if for nothing else that for our young daughter.
He couldn't help throw in the 'if you were a supportive wife and stood by your vows' crap.
His decision maybe coincided with another vehicle damage incident, some minor damage I noticed Monday morning. After going round and round with me, he says it was from hitting a mailbox while using his phone. Of course he was drunk, although didn't say that.
I am a little concerned that out patient will expect things from me, support, attending meetings (which I would do I guess). Other expectations? Do they involve children attending at any of the process?