View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 07:59 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Soberween

I'm actually a Background Investigator for federal clearances. If it was in the last seven years I would list it. I would list the actions you have taken to make sure it never happens again as well. For the clearances I do, if you have a DUI that is okay. It's when you try to hide it or be deceptive that the red flags go up. When this occurs, it is viewed as putting yourself in a position of duress in which you could possibly be coerced, blackmailed or exploited in some way that would make you vulnerable to those type people or groups that have an interest in terrorist activities against the U.S. I've interviewed subjects who had DUIs as far back as 30 years ago that did not list it/them on the security questionnaire. When confronted they said they simply didn't list it/them because they were so long ago, but once asked about them readily admitted to the offenses and provided detailed information regarding the arrest(s). This is usually fine too. I'm not an adjudicator, I simply supply the most update to date accurate information to the adjudicator. Hope this helps.