View Single Post
Old 01-30-2005, 08:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
chinalee78

Mike,
Your suggestion brings up an interesting innate response of mine, which is that I have doubt that a sponsor would have the answers I need or would be reliable or consistently available. I know that this is self-defeatist,which is probably my most infamous ACoA trait (although it's not actually on the list), and of course it's a residual of not having anyone reliable ever. This is where the gap between Step One and Step Two becomes difficult for me to bridge. Maybe you or anyone else out there can help me with this by explaining how someone becomes a sponsor and what they do?

Also, your point about it seeming that I'm making the right steps by posting on the forum got me thinking. The great thing about this format is that I don't see you, I don't know you, and I have no expectations of any of you to be there for me. It's quite easy to open up to you. None of you have to see my reactions, you don't have as much of an opportunity to judge me by my appearance, my attitude, etc., nor do I have the opportunity to judge any of you. (I think that as part of my defense arsenal, I am wickedly hypercritical--never openly, of course--I'm not proud.) I have the schedule of meetings in my area, I've even cleared my calendar so that I can go, I just don't know if I'm ready.

Any suggestions, anyone?