View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
cheebiechi

365 continuous days of sobriety

As I look back on my year of sobriety, the most important realization I had at the beginning was that my life had become so out of control that my willingness for help was immense! I entered detox with much fear, anxiety, and a complete feeling of helplessness.

I was looking for a new way of life because 27 years of drinking and drugging sure wasn't working for me up to that point. It was my decision to give sobriety a go. And it was, at the time one of the hardest and scariest decisions I have made my whole life.

So, here I am today with 1 year of sobriety, newcomers will ask, "has everything got better for you?" and I would have to yes it has, but it has also been tough, I certainly am not perfect, and I make mistakes (which is ok) as long as I learn the best that I can from those mistakes. I put myself in such a financial disarray that its finally catching up with me, not a pretty sight! lol

I am ok with the consequences from them because I put myself in those situations, but I also see it as a new beginning because I am sober today and I can deal with any situation today that arises much much better sober than I ever could using.

In conclusion, for the NEWCOMERS and ONGOERS (is that a word???) It is a huge accomplishment to realizing there is a problem and coming here to discuss difficulties and celebrations!! Life really does get better and so much more beautiful with sobriety, its work, but with anything sometimes we need to go through crisis to get to the CROWN!

Stay strong, have faith, and most importantly believe in yourself because we all believe in YOU!

Have a great weekend!!!

Matt