View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 09:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
BarbieKen

I didn't drink & clean, but I did clean. Since becoming sober, I found my cleaning has taken a back seat to me, to my meetings, to my being of service, to my Recovery! I've also found I don't cook "dinners" as often. I have been a stay at home mom/wife for 20+ years.

I went into Rehab last October for month. Well, Whatda know...my husband and our then 21 year old son knew how to cook, clean, and do laundry. The house didn't fall down and nobody went naked. With help from my counselor at Rehab, then my Sponsors, I came to realize that by keeping that Becky Homecky household , I was protecting my right to drink. If it all looked good on the outside, then I MUST be 'good' on the inside. So, continue to drink Bobbi....you aren't affecting or hurting anybody...not even yourself! Keeping my secret all bottled up inside that I was an alcoholic and needed help. I still do household chores because that really is my job. My husband works outside the home, and I work inside, that been our agreement for 25 years. We're both sober and in AA now, working our programs and keeping it together.. Bobbi