View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 04:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ellima01

Last nights soap opera/ drama fest

I feel like I do is deal with drama drama drama
Last night my AH was drinking by 11AM, he picked me up at school smelling like a bar room. I know I am not supposed to "engage in an arguement", but I was pissed. I say, "Gee, your drinking at 11:00??" Then I stop speaking to him. It is harrrrddd for me not to react, and I know that is my issue. Well, he uses my silence and my bieng pissed to just go hog wild with it- It gives him the excuse he needs. So he is reeeally drunk by 3:00 when I have to pick my son up at school- he has to ride with me- things went from bad to worse. He tells me that if I didn't bitch about him drinking all the time and leave him alone - unless he gets really out of hand- then he wouldn't drink so much- he says my bitching makes him even more determined to drionk and he wouldn't break things around the house if I would stop judging him about his drinking.
Is there any truth to that? I know I should not argue with a drunk, but am I supposed to just be a mouse and say nothing??? Sometimes I am so angry and sickened by his behavior and his slobbering slurring butt that I can't hold it in. What do I do??
I told him If he didn't like my bitching he could leave- that's when the kicking furniture and breaking things begins- and of course it's all my fault.