View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
hokey

Originally Posted by Vedette View Post
9:am here in MA, USA. Thankful for just over a month (36 days) of sobriety and hoping for another 24 hours. I think I'm struggling with "recovery." Reading the BB but getting hung up by some of the concepts. AA meetings help but again, not getting the "bring a shovel to do all the work" talk. Missing my outpatient detox group (my insurance company "graduated" me) and generally feeling a little pissy. Normal feeling I guess from what I read in the threads. GL all.
I understand exactly what you mean about getting hung about some of the concepts ... I struggle with a lot of them as well, and I tripped over some of those steps in the past. I'm only on day 14, so I haven't honestly given much thought to how I will deal with all that this time, but I know that my mentality is different this time around, and maybe when I get to working through the steps, that part of it may be different this time too. Not sure as I am not quite there yet. As an agnostic, I know I struggle with the higher power issue ... right now my higher power is SR . And the moral inventory scares me ... I'm not sure I'm ready to turn a microscope onto my life, especially this early in recovery. I guess I'll find out as I go along, but I know that THIS time, those things will NOT be my excuse to drink. I will take what I need, what I want ... and leave the rest.