Old 12-05-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
KateL
Kaleidoscope eyes

Originally Posted by SingleDad421 View Post
Do yourself a favor and just throw the booze out right now. Detox sucks and you might as well start and get it over with. That is where I am right now and I am miserable. However, I know that this will pass and then the real battle begins. I too have tried AA and don't really like it so I guess that is another reason I am giving this a shot. While some meetings are nice and even kid-friendly, most the time they stress me out more and bring on cravings. I don't have a lot of friends or family but my eight year-old son is a real sweetheart by writing me little notes not to drink and throws out any booze he finds. I've been working around this the last month and I am not proud of it. The worst part is having him miss out on stuff cause I am too drunk or hungover. For example, he would miss Judo tonight if it wasn't canceled because of snow. Just remember that we are all here for you and are proud of the way you want to better yourself. Blessed be.
My daughter used to pour bottles down the sink when I was asleep and look after her little brother. It all started when she was around three, but stopped when she was nine and it wasn't too late. We have a great relationship now.