Thread: a man here
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2013, 07:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Jend719

Hi and welcome. I glad you found SR. It's a sanity-saving support system for me and a lot of us here. I'm just catching up on your posts. One thing I just feel compelled to say is that children learn by example. An 11 yo girls example of womanhood is best shown by her the example that her mother presents. I'm just so worried that your daughter is learning the wrong things. I'm sure you ARE a great dad and trying your best to shield her from the ugliness of her moms addiction. But showing her how to clean up after it is not healthy. I'm sure you would not want her to grow up and choose a partner that she spends a lifetime cleaning up after. I hope I don't sound harsh...I don't mean to be. It hits home because I have 2 addicted adult children and a 13yo daughter. I've had to make hard decisions by kicking them out (after long struggles, interventions, rehabs, drama etc). I won't allow my 13 yo to think that it's ok and just let them live here and manipulate and lie. It's a terrible situation you're in. But your daughter is the real victim here. She is helpless to the chaos around her. You are the only rational adult to fix this for her. Your wife needs help obviously, but each addict does it in their own time. Until then your daughter suffers as a witness and byproduct of the disease. I hope that you will find strength from everyone here and go to some meetings.