Thread: What's Missing?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by blackandblue View Post
Trust is difficult. Especially trusting myself to know when I am ready to move on and emotionally sober enough to do so.

These are big questions and Zoso- That's great that you knew what that meant for you and could verbalize it. It helps to hear that we all share a common denominator. It helps to get honest with oneself.

At the moment, I can say that what is missing is clarity about who I am and what I want. And what I want is to be who I truly am without fear.
What I know for sure, BnB, is I can't (and won't) be dependent on someone for my happiness. For me to be open to trust someone in a romantic context is quite a concession. For the longest time, I wasn't open to being able to trust someone that way. So, I know what I'm about. I know my strengths, my weaknesses, and what sorts of situations I need to stay away from, like addicts with Borderline Personality Disorder or people that are too mercurial and capricious.

Right now, the big thing on my 2014 radar is becoming a better guitarist. I haven't hit my ceiling. I'm pretty good, but I want to be really, really good. So a big chunk of my time will be devoted to that. And there will be new professional challenges as well that I'm looking forward to.

So, your search continues, and that's OK. It'll take as long as it takes.

ZoSo