Thread: Starting Over
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 04:35 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
DaveyT

You know the last time I had flu it took me a long time to recover, at that time I was dosing myself with alcohol to deal with the pain, even the tiredness was easier when I drowned things out with alcohol. My illness sucked so I decided to drink until I didn't have any issue anymore.

What I have now is an unpleasant cold, which unfortunately has resulted in a chest infection. My doctor has given me antibiotics as there is too much liquid on my chest to ignore. So I'm dealing with this now and sadly my annoying illness basically magnifies any tiny condition into a major thing. It's really annoying and I can't say how long this will last. My chest is really gurgling but the antibiotics will take care of it.

I've had some tests to look at my immune system because that's a standard thing if I get too unwell. I really don't want to give too much away but my condition involves my immune system (not HIV/AIDS if anyone is interested). Still the doctors pay close attention because my immune systems is a big part of things.

I'll keep you guys updated. Hoping the antibiotics will kill whatever is in my lungs.