Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
ladyscribbler

Hugs. So sorry you're going through this. That psychiatrist sounds like a real "quack", imho.

It also makes me hurt and angry that he has caused me SO much hurt and pain which remains unexpressed whilst he gets to sit there and make unilateral decisions about MY future. never does he think for one minute that I might not wish to continue our relationship.

Yeah, that never crosses their minds, does it. Since the world revolves around them. Do you have access to a therapist of your own? It might be helpful to counteract this nonsense you are enduring.
Sending lots of positive energy your way. Do you have access to Alanon meetings where you are? I've found that to be quite helpful with my recovery. I recently ended a relationship with an alcoholic (we also lived together and have a son). I got incredibly tired of being the only adult in the house and putting up with his abusive behavior when he drank (which was whenever he could afford it, and sometimes when he couldn't) Best wishes and thanks for posting.