Thread: a man here
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
BoxinRotz

Yes, please keep posting. Maybe even see if you can find your little girl an alateen program or something for her to go too. She's certainly picking up traits of mom if she's mimicking her, I dunno how, you do it attitude like mom. And for her to say, go to sleep mom... that's got to affect her.

We are all in this together and we want everyone to understand our own personal journey with alcoholism. God, who ever said it was a family disease wasn't kidding. You have to understand though, we can't wear blinders. Our alcoholics are wonderful people (most of them, some are not) under all that hot mess of drunkenness. I hear it all the time, they're such a caring, sympathetic, understanding, wonderful man/woman. But the manipulation, the abuse, the progression and destruction of this disease can force us into lala land. A denial all it's own.

Stick around. Please read the stickies and if you want, you can read individuals personal stories through threads started in each of our profiles. We're all her to help each other. No reason to be ashamed. And I'll tell you, we've all made mistakes in dealing with our A's that we thought were right and all we did was enable them. This disease takes everything we think is right and wrongs it when dealing with an active A.

SR has been a life saver for me. I hope it is for you.