Thread: a man here
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 12:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by gitzo View Post
Just thought I would sit on my phone maybe share my story for no reason other then I have never told anyone.

I am desperately trying to leave my final stage alcoholic wife. I have essentially moved into another room of the house while I try to find the next step.

2 years ago I realized she was deeply addicted and I fought her to go for help, I interventions, I controlled the alcohol. And I faultered.

I now realize I got complacent again. She is drunk for moRning till night. Doesnt work, does nothing but sleep 18 hours a day.

And the fights! They have brought out the worst in me. Where I feel the monster.

But by starting to get out, made more difficult by being self employed trying to start a new company since we had to disolve the last one due to mistakes and responsibilities she failed to do.

Anger really is tied to helplessness . And as ive moved into this room the anger has subsided.

I hold some responsibility I understand as I took over everysing responsibility for her in work with the house, finances, closing and sorting out the mess she made in the last business and my daughter (best part of my life this responsibility.)

Im tired and scared. And have no idea how it got so bad.
Welcome to the Board. I'm really happy you found us. You're not alone.

When you get enough posts under your belt, shoot me a PM and I can share my stories with you regarding how out of control MY anger got. It's not uncommon for someone in a codependent death spiral with an addict to flip out on the addict. The anger is always understandable. That said, it's up to us to control it.

ZoSo