View Single Post
Old 01-28-2005, 12:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
ahcb

Pmaslan,

My wife attends a minumum of two but sometimes 3 a week. She did her 90 meetings in 90 days. In the begining I went to some of the meetings with her for support. Over time that was no longer needed. I also recall wondering why is she leaving a few minutes early, and wondering that more than once. Over time, as she kept going, and began talking (not alot) about her feelings and her views i worried less. I realized she was doing what she had to do for her and her staying well. Now it is not always easy, and I get frustrated sometimes over the meetings, her having to go etc. BUT, when you consider the alternatives I say GO.

If i am a drunk and at a bar, with drunk woman there (for this to work for me they have to be blotto) it is much easier to "slip" and find yourself in a place you rather not be. This SHOULD NOT BE something you are thinking about when they are trying to hold it together sober. Also it is unfair, do we go from saying, you have a problem get help, you have a problem get help directly to your cheating, your cheating.

We yell get help, and now dont trust them sober! If that was directed at you how would you reaCT? "YOU DONT TRUST ME WHEN IM DRINKNG, OR WHEN IM SOBER???

Sober is happier, healthier, but not perfect. Alot of hurt and anger gets worked on and out. There is enough to work on without worrying about leaving ten minutes early to meet someone. Cheating is not an issue, dont make it one. Think of all the things he is going through not just for him but for you. Encourage him. If someday the worst happens well then it was meant to be. It wasnt AA's fault. Stay positive