Thread: Relaps
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013, 01:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
MythOfSisyphus

None of us can give medical advice; you should (all of you) consult a doc. Even if you have to go the ER. For those outside of the US, we have a decent medical system for those with money. If you don't have money or insurance things are less idea. However the law prohibits a hospital from refusing to treat emergent care due to lack of financial resources or insurance.

What's done is done. You can't go back in time and un-drink, unfortunately. For now you just have to commit to staying sober.

I'm so sorry for your loss, tony2toes. My dad passed away 2 years ago and I miss him every day. It has to be very hard for you right now. Do you have any other family around for support? After Dad dies I really went on a bender, drinking heavily every day. Ultimately it's also what helped me stop...I knew he wouldn't want me to drink myself to death. I'm sure your sister wouldn't want that, either.

What are you doing right now to try to get/stay sober? Are you doing AA or anything else? I have found that SR has is a rock, and it's really helped me a lot to get sober and stay that way.

It's good to have you here, tony2toes!