View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 11:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hobbitt

Exclamation Recovery Advice, Alcoholism

I have sort of tried a few times to edge out my vodka over the years; it especially started to cause my relationships problems 4 yrs ago, looking back on it now.
I get soooo sick to quit cold turkey, tremors, nightsweats, puking, you name it. I was drinking pretty much a 26/day, making a realistic excuse that I never got to have fun when I was young.

What is happening to my body is not fun.

I lost my social life in the process, my family and my job, I was so stubborn. Now I look at how stupid I was.

Drinking took the place of regular meals for so long that I have difficulty replenishing my body with the right foods. I was always 15 lbs underweight but now I am at least 25-30 under and I want to gain it back in the right way.

There are calcium build ups in the joints of my feet from the dehydration and malnourishment so it really hurts on impact when I walk ANYWHERE, my pee is dark orange half the time lending the sign that liver disease and kidney failure are imminent, my stomach is distended, intenstines gaseous, so nauseous from withdrawals that I have no appetite (tring to build it back) asthma exacerbated.

I read celery seed extract can help and I started taking vitamin C. Any one know what great sources of phosphates, magnesium and potassium might be or what else I can do to balance my system back aside from lots of water and some meal replacement shakes...
So far that is my goal. And this time for good. Thanks to some of the medical research I just read; I am pretty scared. HELP

My husband has been a rock and really tried to be supportive but you can't make an addict stop until they make that choice themselves. I don't know how he put up with it all thus far but I want to make him glad he did for the rest of his life.