Old 11-29-2013, 11:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lyoness
Night owl

Thank you both for responding. I almost feel sacrilegious or something questioning my subs because it is a lifesaver in so many ways. Though with what I have been researching, it is possibly the naloxone causing some effects, or at least that's got me questioning.

Marcus, I am like you in that I have lifelong depression and I know there are many possible causes including PAWS. I also have seasonal Depression every year so that is at play now, too. I was just asking myself what are the changes I have had that may be leading to this particular depression and the one consistent change of late is the suboxone.

I know that it will probably take a lot of different things for me to try and do to deal with my depression and I am getting more open to and aware of a lot of different possibilities. So I am questioning naloxone but I also just found out I am borderline gluten intolerant (there goes the little that I do eat, sigh...) and have confirmation of adrenal issues so there's a lot for me to work with.

I agree that exercise is good though I am not very motivated. I do haul wood every day and have been trying to get out and do the raking on the land and some walks. But I am not very consistent. I know getting outside helps. I am also going to start working more intensively with my lightbox, getting more consistent "indoor" sunlight.

Edited because I forgot to add that I am not on any antidepressants and I intend to stay that way. I am not judging what other people choose but I am feeling for myself that I need to figure out how to get my depression under control without the antid's. I keep coming across medical literature saying that long term usage of them can cause cognitive impairment and an increase in relapse of depression. As I've been on them even longer than the opies, and always relapse when I try to get off them, well I think it's time to get clean from them, too. I am talking with my doctor about this and she agrees.