View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Heartfan82

Hi FLbeachguy,
Since you are newly sober, you are probably experiencing feeling raw, real emotions that aren't clouded by alcohol. Maybe it's a new feeling, but you will get used to it, and face a lot of things you might have stuffed away.

I did a lot of stupid things in my life that I really regret also. Most of the time, it was a result of drinking, I have come to admit to myself. I've been dealing with these feelings of guilt and shame from time to time, but then I say, what's done is done, now I have to live with the consequences, and make the rest of it the best life I can.

We are only human, after all, and are always learning from our mistakes and hopefully growing into better people. Consider this time as the awareness phase, and take the steps necessary to correct what you can, and make better choices from this point on.

Maybe you can see alcohol in a different light now, to understand that it is not your friend, does not help you cope with life, but actually can destroy that which you hold dear.

Wishing you peace and strength for this weekend,
Take care, you are worth it,
~Heartfan