View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

born and raised Catholic here....ditched that, then came back to it, then ditched it again. for me today what works is the power of The Universe...and how humbled I am but all that I cannot control. I can't MAKE the sun rise, or force leaves to fall off of trees, I can't fight gravity or aging, hell I can barely BAKE decently. that's enough for me. there ARE powers much greater than I....I can barely force myself out of bed at 4:45am to get the coffee going before we officially get up at 5am!

if there IS a God that is really interested in humankind, i'm sure He won't mind my beliefs. i'll just do my best to leave a good "footprint" of my life....try to be kind, try not to kill the planet if I can, use proper garbage receptacles, smile and say hello to my fellow workers on the elevator, do my job, be grateful for all that I have been blessed with, take care of what I DO have, love my husband, love my kid (she's 30 and a singularly AWESOME adult!) and just live my life as simply as possible, avoid drama, chaos, trouble.