View Single Post
Old 11-28-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
ScoutBall

I hear ya DG.

I spent my Thanksgiving watching the various friends, spouses, and others from the W's work have drinks like normal people (of whom, I don't really know at all...so me not drinking wasn't noticeable or in anyway weird), but---there was that lingering little thing telling me a beer would be fabulous.

It was hot in their house. Like...uncomfortable hot, so I spent a lot of time in the yard with the pack of hounds that was there. Was a good way to get out of there for a bit.

Our dear friend is 6 months along--so she and her dog were good companions for me.

I had hit the fridge for a drink of something--and there was one can of orange soda there...the rest was beer. I had a very sudden, evil, and thankfully fleeting idea of just having one, and calling it good. I knew after all this time it would be a damn shame, so I just sucked it up, and poured myself a water. Was fine. I need to hydrate off all this dang food anyway.

Hope all were successful at beating back the little Holiday gremlins that seem to be on the offensive.

(Dee: I was in Melbourne the year the Grand Final ended in a tie, so if I'm not mistaken: Victoria had that next Friday? off either for the match, or the pre-gaming festivities. I could have sworn our hosts had the day off from work! Either that--or they are such Collingwood supporters, they just TOOK it off. ).