Old 11-28-2013, 07:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
foolsgold66

Improving your physical health. What can we say? Some of it just 'comes' all by itself. I've done no real exercise yet, so these are what I have noticed 'just' from abstinence.

My allergies have lessened. They've been bad for 15 years or so, quitting smoking helped, staying off the sauce has helped as well. There are even days when I take no OTC allergy medication.

Weight. I've lost some, not sure how much because I'm not a big fan of the daily weighing. I'll know in a week or so when I visit the doctor, I'm guessing I've lost 5-10 lbs.

Joints. Just realized this one this morning. I used to pop and crackle when I walked, mostly my ankles, quite a lot. This is gone.

Bloated. Don't feel that way at all, used to feel that way often.

Indigestion, heartburn, diarrhea, etc. Used to be afflicted with all of the above frequently. Now quite rare.

Skin. Used to have a lot of problems with dry skin. Noticeable improvement, feel less itchy generally.

Physical dexterity. Less slips, no falls, improved eye-hand coordination, very little tremor. I can work with small things again without getting frustrated.

Stamina. Getting some back, tire less easily.

Breath. Less out-of breath conditions, of which I had occasional ones at very low levels of exertion.

Not an exhaustive list, but I thought I'd get a post out to bump this thread. Every single one of these physical effects of abstinence has improved my quality of life. Win!

I choose not to drink today
FG